BOARD OF DIRECTORS CANDIDATE
(STRATEGIC ENGAGEMENT AND STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS)
Who We Are
LSHC is a specialty community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario to provide support services exclusively to the small landlord community. We assist approximately 16,000 clients each year through the delivery of summary legal advice, public legal education, community development and law reform activities. Learn more about us at https://landlordselfhelp.com/about-lshc/
Our Board Members
LSHC is governed by a ten-member volunteer board of directors. The board includes members with a broad range of competencies, skills and experience, including law, finance, human resources and governance.
Board members serve a two year term, are required to attend monthly meetings (currently on Wednesday evenings) in downtown Toronto, and must serve on at least one standing committee.
LSHC seeking to strengthen its law reform activities to help level the playing field for small landlords. To this end, LSHC is seeking a board member with knowledge and expertise in the area of strategic engagement and stakeholder relations, including experience or familiarity with the following:
- strategic planning to achieve policy outcomes
- engaging with stakeholders and participating in policymaking processes, including participating in consultations and making submissions to provincial and municipal governments and elected officials
- media relations, including responding to issues as they arise and proactively shaping public discourse
- external communications, including with government, membership, media and the public
- image and brand development
- leveraging social media and new media channels
- policy development.
The ideal candidate would be positive, energetic and able to work cooperatively as part of a team. It would be an asset for candidates to have experience with non-profit or community-based organizations and/or a connection to the residential rental business in Ontario. Board members are expected to prepare for and attend board meetings, which entails a commitment of at least five hours a month.
What Are You Waiting For?
Reach out to us and let us know why you would be a great fit! Send along your resume to: Susan Wankiewicz, Clinic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org