I would say in this case, it would be best to go to the hearing and with the help of a mediator draft up an agreement in which he agrees to vacate and you provide a rent abatement.  The agreement should also include a clause stating that if the tenant does not move out on that date then the landlord can file with the Sheriff to evict the tenant.  The mediated agreement should then be taken to the hearing and ask the Board member to issue a consent order on what you have agreed upon.