Director and/or Committee Member
Direct the organization according to its Mission and Bylaws:
- Formulate goals and objectives of organization.
- Establish priorities of programs and services (based on funds availability of funds, time limitation and human resources).
- Keep abreast of community needs and trends so these factors may be reflected in organization policies and programs.
- Evaluate regularly: policy development, program effectiveness, and Board and Staff performance.
Skills and Qualities:
The Director and/or Committee Member must:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the purpose, policies and programs of the organization
- represent the organization in the community
- serve in a volunteer capacity, without remuneration or profit
- be able to work and participate within a group.
The Directors and/or Committee Member must:
- be an active and committed participant in the affairs of the organization;
- be involved at Board meetings, ask questions, discuss, challenge, participate in decision making, react to ideas, exercise initiative, influence or initiate change;
- be actively involved on one or more Board committees;
- know and understand the roles and responsibilities of the Board;
- participate energetically in recruiting new Committee members;
- support and participate in fundraising;
- be aware of changing community trends and client needs;
- attend training, association, community and staff functions;
- have a working knowledge of parliamentary procedure;
- maintain business and client confidentiality;
- attend meetings regularly and punctual, do your homework if unable to attend meetings.
The benefits for Directors and Committee Members include:
- TTC tokens provided or parking reimbursement;
- Shape the direction, priorities and programs of the Centre;
- Gain practical experience and insight;
- Refreshments provided at meetings;
- Annual recognition celebration.