To be announced.
2023 Landlord Learning Forum
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Application of Bill 97 to Your Residential Tenancies
Speaker: Jane Dean
Tips for Non-Payment of Rent Speaker:
Sharda Sankar Bickramsingh
Self Represented Landlords at the LTB
Speaker: Harry Fine
Click here to watch the replay of the 2023 Landlord Learning Forum
Understanding Hoarding in Rental Housing – Webinar
- Nov. 30, 2022 at 12 pm – Understanding Hoarding in Rental Housing: We’ve recorded and posted the Webinar presentation. Click here to view the presentation.
Landlord Education Series
- Nov. 10, 2021 at 1 pm – Rent Increases: We’ve recorded and posted the Rent Increases presentation just in case you missed it! Here’s the link to the recording of the Rent Increases presentation.
- Nov. 24, 2021 at 1 pm – N12 and N13: We’ve recorded and posted the N12 and N13 presentation just in case you wanted to take another look! Here’s the link to the N12 and N13 presentation.
- December 8, 2021 at 1 pm – LTB Applications Post Tenancy: We’ve recorded and posted the LTB Applications Post Tenancy presentation in case you missed it live or wanted to take another look, LTB Applications Post Tenancy.
- December 22, 2021 at 1 pm – Standard Form of Lease: We recorded the live presentation of the Standard Form of Lease presentation in case you were unable to attend or missed it. Here’s the link the Standard Form of Lease presentation.
- January 26, 2022 at 1 pm – Conflict Resolution and Mediation: We’ve recorded the live presentation in case you were unable to attend or missed it. The presentation features partners from TNG Conflict Resolution and Mediation Service and provides information the steps involved to resolve conflict. The presentation also includes information about mediation at the Landlord and Tenant Board, payment plans made outside of the LTB’s mediation and application process which, thanks to a recent amendment, can now become a LTB order. Here’s the link to the Conflict Resolution and Mediation presentation.
- March 23, 2022 at 1 pm – Rental Housing Enforcement Unit – LSHC partnered with the Rental Housing Enforcement Unit to provide the small landlord community with information on the mandate and operation of the RHEU. We will also discussed how the RHEU can assist in situations when at tenant has changed the locks without the landlord’s consent and has not provided a key; and when a tenant refuses to give access to the rental unit after the require notice to entry has been given. In addition, the RHEU provided an overview of the more common offences and penalties, including recent changes pursuant to Bill 184. The presentation was recorded, please follow this link: Rental Housing Enforcement Unit.
Lunch and Learn Series – 3 webinars
- April 12, 2023 at 1:00 pm – LTB Overview and Introduction to the Tribunals Ontario Portal
- May 10, 2023 at 1:00 pm – After you file – Notice of Hearing and How to Prepare
- June 14, 2023 at 1:00 pm – Hearing day and the Order – What to expect
Click here to view replays of the Lunch and Learn webinars.