You’re supporting the work of the organization when you become a member!
What are the benefits of membership?
- When you become a member of LSHC you are supporting the organization, this not only includes our casework services such as general legal information, referrals and summary legal advice, but also the public legal education resources and initiatives we develop, community development outreach, and law reform activities which lobby for change to improve the operating environment for small landlords across Ontario.
- All members receive a subscription to “The Quarterly News” a newsletter which aims to keep the landlord community abreast of legislative and procedural reform, emerging trends and issues of special interest for small-scale landlords.
- All members are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting. The AGM is held in the fall and, in addition to a business meeting agenda, it features an educational component.
- Members can also involve themselves in the operation of the Centre, volunteers from the membership are recruited to participate on various standing and ad hoc committees as well as to serve as members of the Board of Directors.
- Access to the Members’ Lounge – the private area of the web site features corporate information such as:
- By-laws and Financial Statements
- Annual General Meeting materials
- Archive of The Quarterly News
- Rental Tools which include: an Addendum to the Standard Lease Form, a Rental Application, Inspection Report and Guarantor (for rent) form.
LSHC’S annual membership dues have increased to $99, this change took effect on January 15, 2020 and is the first increase in dues since 2008. The revenue generated by this increase, combined with proceeds from the membership drive currently underway, will help us offset the recent cuts to our Legal Aid funding.
Lifetime memberships are no longer available, they were discontinued on October 25, 2019. We will continue to honour lifetime memberships.
The membership program continues to evolve, new elements and enhancements will be added in the coming months as we develop a comprehensive sponsorship program .