What are Landlord Learning Modules?
Our Learning Modules provide easy to understand instructions for landlords who are completing forms required under the Residential Tenancies Act. LSHC has developed a step-by-step video guide to help small landlords avoid the errors commonly made when completing a notice of termination and/or application to the Landlord and Tenant Board.
Small landlords who act on their own behalf are often unaware of a mistake on the notice until well into the termination process and only realize the notice is defective after filing with the Landlord and Tenant Board and paying the filing fee. It is imperative that the notice be filled out correctly because it is the foundation of the application. The application will be dismissed due to the defect, meaning the loss of significant time. An incorrect notice of termination typically means the landlord must start the process again by re-issuing the notice.
The new Landlord Learning Modules will guide you through the completion of frequently used notices of termination, including Form N4, Form N5, and Form N12. We’ve also posted Learning Modules for the completion of the L1 and L2 Applications to the Landlord and Tenant Board. New modules for other forms will be added going forward.
Directory of Learning Modules:
The following modules are presented in a pre-recorded webinar format and offer detailed instruction and visual examples of how to complete the forms.
- Form N4 – Notice to End your Tenancy Early for Non-payment of Rent
- Form L1 – Application to Evict a Tenant for Non-payment of Rent and to Collect Rent the Tenant Owes
- Form N5 – Notice to End your Tenancy for Interfering with Others,
Damage or Overcrowding
- Form L2 – Application to End a Tenancy and Evict a Tenant (This module is based on the Form N5)
- Form N12 – Terminating a Tenancy for Landlord’s Own Use
- Form N12 – Terminating a Tenancy for Purchaser’s Own Use
- Form L2 – Application to End a Tenancy and Evict a Tenant for Landlord’s or Purchaser’s Own Use (Form N12)
- Form N7 – Notice to End your Tenancy for Causing Serious Problems in the Rental Unit or Residential Complex
- L2 Application to End a Tenancy and Evict a Tenant based on Form N7
The Learning Modules are also available in a audio format for download or viewing online with transcripts. The above modules are included Sound Advice Podcast directory at https://landlordselfhelp.com/sound-advice-for-landlords-podcast/