Landlord’s Self-Help Centre involves itself in lobbying for legislative and procedural reform to improve the operating environment for the small landlord community in Ontario. Lobby efforts often take the form of letters, submissions, participation in consultation opportunities or petitions. We often engage the community using an online survey to gather input and feedback on particular issues to assist in our law reform efforts.
LSHC appreciates the input and feedback provided by our members, subscribers and client community when a call is put out.
- Proposed Short-Term Rental Regulation Submission, Toronto City Council, December 2017
- Proposed Short-Term Rental Regulation, Comments to Director of Policy and Strategic Support, Toronto Municipal Licensing and Standards, October 2017
- Bill 124 – An Act to Amend the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 (Rental Fairness Act, 2017), Standing Committee on General Government, May 2017
- Ministry of Housing Small Landlord Consultation, June 2016
- Civil Enforcement Services Delivery Review, February 2016
- Bill 132 – An Act to amend various statutes with respect to sexual harassment, domestic violence and related matters, January 2016