Board of Directors Recruitment
Landlord’s Self-Help Centre (LSHC) is accepting applications from individuals interested in volunteering to serve as a member of the Board of Directors.
LSHC is a unique specialty community legal clinic receiving core funding from Legal Aid Ontario to assist small landlords. We are an incorporated non-profit organization that provides information, referral and summary advice services on a broad range of issues related to residential tenancies to small landlords province-wide. We develop and maintain a variety of educational materials, tools and programs that assist our client constituency learn and understand their rights and responsibilities as housing providers. LSHC also involves itself in law reform activities with the goal of improving the operating environment through legislative reform and create a fair and balanced regulatory system that realigns the rights of landlords and tenants.
The 10-member Board of Directors contributes vision to the strategic management of the organization, is responsible for governance, policy, and performance measurement. It is comprised of individuals who have taken an interest in the organization, who bring a variety of competencies and experience to create a well-rounded governance team, and have a stake or strong interest in the rental business and are familiar with the services provided by LSHC. Board members serve a two year term; are expected to attend and participate fully in monthly meetings; and serve on at least one committee. Directors should be prepared to contribute a minimum of five hours per month.
In this campaign we are recruiting to fill four vacancies and seek candidates who would possess the following skills, qualities and competencies to the Board of Directors:
- Corporate fundraising experience / sponsorship
- Experience with pitch decks, sponsorship strategies, partnership agreements
- Come with network to support activities
- Business and Strategic Planning
- Experience with corporate strategy, transformation, operations, change management
- Strategic planning, big picture thinking
- Organizational restructuring experience
- Legal Service Provider
- Knowledge and experience in Residential Tenancy law
- Understanding of law and policy
- Current on recent decisions and key caselaw
- Small Landlord
- Reflects the client community served by LSHC
- Passionate and willing to help
- Rents 3 or fewer units and lives in the same property
You can learn more about serving on the Board of the Directors by reviewing our FAQs.
Please forward your resume to Susan Wankiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org. You many also contact Susan with questions, concerns and requests for additional information.
We look forward to hearing from you!