It is more efficient to proceed to the Landlord and Tenant Board and file the application to terminate the tenancy based on the non-payment of rent. If the tenant is not moving out willingly and not paying the rent you do not have any other option than to go to the Board to obtain an eviction order. Collecting the arrears can be difficult and sometimes impossible unless the tenant is working and you know where he/she works.