If the reason for termination is based on the tenant’s drug dealing, the best way to prove it is when the police have laid charges and you can get the police report and/or summons the police officers to the hearing. You should also have other witnesses such as the other tenants in the residential complex. There are selected cases posted on the Landlord and Tenant Board’s website, I believe there are a couple of these cases that deal with illegal activities.

In this case, you can serve your tenant with Form N6 – Notice to End your Tenancy for Illegal Act or Misrepresenting Income in a Rent-Geared-to-Income Rental Unit. This notice is a 20 days notice to end the tenancy (Reason 1), and the tenant is not given an opportunity to correct the situation. You can file an application with the Landlord and Tenant Board right after you provide your tenant with this notice.