If the tenant is still in the unit and refusing to pay the rent, you should file with the Landlord and Tenant Board to obtain an order of eviction and an order for the arrears of rent.

As of September 1, 2021, landlords can file an application for arrears of rent with the LTB within one year from the date the tenant moved out of the rental unit. The tenant must have moved out of the rental unit on or after September 1, 2021.