If you have an agreement where the utilities are included in the rent there isn’t a way you can change it unless the tenants agree, in writing. However, even if they do agree to start paying for the utilities you would have to reduce the rent to compensate for the removal of services that were previously included in the rent. The only other option you have is to increase their rent by the rent increase guideline if they have already been there for twelve months, and you must give them 90 days’ notice using the prescribed form which is Form N1.

Facebook Feed

We're hiring! LSHC assists and promotes the interests of small landlords across Ontario through casework, learning resources, law reform and community development activities. Visit our opportunities page for full details - tinyurl.com/bdj92k5t ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook

Twitter Feed