Since this is a charge for utilities, it would not be considered rent and you cannot serve the arrears of rent notice. In this case, your recourse would be to serve an N5 notice to evict the tenant for interfering with your lawful right. As of September 1, 2021, landlords can file an application to recover utility costs from the tenant. The prescribed forms are available on the LTB website

Facebook Feed

We're hiring! LSHC assists and promotes the interests of small landlords across Ontario through casework, learning resources, law reform and community development activities. Visit our opportunities page for full details - ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook

Twitter Feed