My tenant and I agreed to terminate the tenancy and we both signed the Agreement to End the Tenancy (Form N11). When the time came for the tenant to move out he did not leave and because I was out of the country for a few weeks I could not do anything about his failure to leave. What is my recourse now? Can I still enforce the agreement to terminate that we signed?

You would be able to file an application with the Landlord and Tenant Board to evict the tenant as long as it’s filed within 30 days from the termination date on the Form N11. If it is past the 30 days then the agreement is now null and void and the tenant can continue the tenancy.

Skip to content