FAQ Categories

Your rental agreement is considered a commercial tenancy and LSHC is unable to advise on these matters. You can contact the Commercial Tenancies Automated Information System for information on commercial tenancies at 416-585-7373.

Based on your description of the rental unit, it seems that this type of tenancy would be exempt from the Residential Tenancies Act under Section 5(j). Therefore, we recommend that you consult with a lawyer that deals with commercial tenancies. You can obtain a referral to a lawyer by calling the Law Society Referral Service at 416-947-3330 or toll free at 1-800-268-8326. Referrals can also be requested online at https://lsrs.lsuc.on.ca/lsrs/

Unfortunately we cannot provide any advice on this type of situation because it involves a commercial tenancy, LSHC deals with residential tenancies only. It’s best to consult with a lawyer who specializes in commercial tenancies.

Load More